Friday, June 29, 2012

Somebody Loves Doing Laundry...

...And it ain't me!
Dreams really do come true!  Mine came true yesterday.  My darling (almost six year old) daughter, discovered that she LOVES doing laundry.  Now don't jump to conclusions.  I don't require my kid to do the laundry.  I normally do it and ask the kids to take small piles of folded clothes to their own rooms.  They love this game (go figure???).  But last night, Sasha asked if she could fold all the dry clothes and put them away.  I said okay and began to help her.  She then made it clear that she REALLY wanted to do it all by herself.  I believe her words were, "How can I learn to be responsible if you're helping me do all the hard stuff?"  Point taken.

Fast forward twenty minutes and she's still at it and she's having a great time.  She was really enjoying every second of it.  She was talking to herself in her grown up, responsible voice.  It was adorable.  I didn't want to interupt her but it was time for her to shower and go to bed.  I asked her several times to leave the rest of the clothes alone and get in the shower.  She came into the bathroom looking upset with me and she said, "I know I have to shower, but it's hard to get excited about it when I've got so much laundry on my mind."

She did all of her bedtime routine and as I finished tucking her in, she said, "I'll get a lot of rest tonight so I have lot's of energy for laundry tomorrow."  And then in a giddy voice that you normally only hear on Christmas Eve, she said, "I just can't wait to do more laundry tomorrow!"

I hope this lasts for a very long time!  She's made all my wildest dreams come true!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh......can I borrow her, say....once a week?! lol! What a spectacular kid!

    ReplyDelete