Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I can't wait any longer!!!!

Magic Mike
Magic Mike is the name of the movie.  I've seen the preview 3 times and I can't wait any longer to see the movie.  Unfortunately, this gem of a movie isn't coming out until the end of June!  I have waited all winter for June to arrive, because I love summer, but I'm on the verge of wishing June away!  This is how pumped I am to see the show.

Roughly one month ago my gal pal Jessica and I made plans to see this movie.  We were devastated to learn that we were in for quite a wait.  I have been trying not to watch the preview again, because it only makes the waiting worse.  I will love this movie and I don't care what any critic will say about it.  This is right up my ally!

If the photo above doesn't clue you in, this movie is about man meat strippers in an all male review.   It's going to be awesome because the entire cast is full of quality skin.  Real life strippers make an effort, but they aren't as good looking as this group, at least the Utah variety.  This might be the most perfect cast of characters.  A little something for everyone and honestly this is the only role that Matthew McConaughey is even qualified for.  I love him as the older perv in Dazed and Confused and I think he's bringing that character back for this show. 

Channing Tatum is the epitome of a male stripper.  I read that he was a male stripper for a short time (I saw that a mile away) and this whole show spins off from his real experiences as a man meat dancer.  I love Channing, but the first time I saw him in a movie, I just instinctively knew he had a history as a male stripper.  There is just something about him that screams stripper.  There is defiantly a certain guy who is predestined for that life and I've seen enough of them to spot them.

Oh, did I mention that my girlfriends and I saw A LOT of male strippers back in the day?  Well we did and it was great.  A Long Island Ice Tea, great friends and an all male review.  This always made for a highly entertaining night.  These guys are starved for attention and it was so fun to feed their self esteem.  Good times were had by all.

  Most of the guys were tons of fun and they usually wanted to go out dancing with us after the show.  You better believe we took them up on the offer.  These are the only guys you want to take to a dance club.  You know they already love to dance and it's like the show just goes on and on.  But that's where it ends.  Everyone knows you NEVER, under any circumstance, date one of these guys!   No friend of mine ever crossed that line and it wasn't a fine line at all........more liked the great wall of China.   This is why I still see man dancers as loads of fun and not completely creepy.

So like I said before, I can't wait to see this movie!  Even if the dialogue is horribly stupid, it won't matter, because that's probably VERY accurate.  It's going to be such a fun gal pal date!  I think Jessica and I already have one more friend who wants to go  see it with us and I would love it if a huge group of us went to see it together.  In a round about way, that's really the point of an all male review.  They bring friends together for a sure fire good time and I'm certain this movie will do just that, only it will be much cheaper than the real deal.  I swear on my life I will be fighting the urge to bring a LARGE stack of one dollar bills to the theater.

1 comment:

  1. Stef, always enjoy your blogs, but want you to promote "Bernie" also starring Matthew Mc Conoughey, and Jack Black and Shirley McClain. It is based on a true event and is so comical and fun. Hope you get to see it.

    ReplyDelete