Thursday, April 26, 2012

Out of Sasha's Mouth

I picked up Sasha from school the other day and decided to treat my girls to some Wendy's.  We decided to go nuts for a change and eat our food there instead of picking it up at the drive-thru.  My kids love this for some reason.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that I've led Sasha to believe that Frosty's can't be purchased at the drive-thru.  It seems to be a special occasion for them to eat inside Wendy's and I get to skip cleaning up lunch crumbs at home, so it's a win-win situation.  We get our food and head to a table.  Napkin place mats in place, we get all the food off the tray and begin our fast food feast. 

 We are quietly enjoying our food when Sasha, my five year old daughter, leans in from across the table and whispers this little tidbit.  "Mom, that man behind you is really hot."  I ask her to repeat herself because I am certain I've heard her wrong.  Again she says, a bit louder this time, "That man behind you is really hot."  I quickly turn around to find an average looking, middle aged, man eating a burger.  At the same time, I have a startling glimpse into an uncertain future with my daughter.  She has told me in the past that she thinks Michael Jackson (the 50 year old, porcelain doll version, not the Jackson 5 version) is very handsome.  So there is some cause for alarm.

I give her a puzzled look and she takes this as a cue to elaborate on her original observation.  She say, "He's wearing long sleeves, long pants, a jacket, socks and shoes!  He's really hot, because you know, it's like really hot outside today.  Someone needs to tell him it's not winter anymore."  I am relieved, to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment