Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Kimmy K. and Hump





I am not even kidding when I say the finale of Kim and Kourtney take New York was riveting. I watched my tivo'd episode last night BEFORE I watched the Bachelor. That is really saying something about how easy it is to get sucked into the Kardashian vortex. I could barely handle forwarding through the commercials. I don't think I could have handled watching it live.

I was devastated! As a devout follower of US Weekly magazine, I of course already knew that Kimmy and Kris weren't gonna make it. But watching the slow, inevitable end of their union was hard to watch. Kim was mentally and emotionally out the door before she even really talked about her feelings with her new hubby. I've been married to a large, oafish man for 10 years and lucky for me I've learned a few things along the way. First and foremost, is that you MUST talk to the person you are married to. If you are having an emotional break down, you really need to let your spouse in on that info. Kim is so lucky to have sisters that she's really close with, but she really needed to be sharing her struggles with Kris. He seemed a little confused most of the time. If I saw his expressions in a photo, I would say the words, "what???" and "duh" if I had to guess what he was thinking. I'm not trashing the guy at all. I really believe that most men are in the dark about the emotional state of their women. I've not met to many young men who are really intuitive about their relationships. It's easy to get a man on the same page as you. The key is to tell him what page to turn to. That's all most of them need. A nudge in the general direction.


Poor Kris Humphries was in the dark. He logically thinks he should pack his New York boxes and have then shipped to Kim's house in LA, but Kim can't deal. SHE CAN'T EVEN DEAL WITH HER HUSBANDS BOXES OF CLOTHES! She had a panic attack at the thought of her husband moving himself and some of his things into her house. Kim isn't ready to let someone into her house and to me, that means she isn't ready to let someone into her life. It sucks for Kimmy. Hump was not the ideal spouse by any means. The two of them together were delusional about the whole thing. I wonder what would have happened if they had gotten married and just moved into a huge house together and NOT had any cameras anywhere. I think it would have lasted a lot longer. I don't know why, but it bums me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment