Friday, July 6, 2012

Pain

I am injured.  No, I didn't start doing the Cross Fit.  I messed up my back the other day, right here in the comforts of my own home, and now I feel like I'm 100 years old!  I told Dave how bad my back was hurting in the middle of the day on the fourth of July and he asked what I had been doing that could have caused this pain.  I thought about it for a while and the answer was obvious, but so embarrassing.  I over did it at the sewing machine.

Yes, you read that correctly.  I have a sewing injury.  I'm that hardcore that I am feeling crippled two days later.  I made new drapes for the living room (they look awesome) and I started a new dress for Sasha and the muscles or nerves in my back are wrecked.  I guess I was all hunched over for far to long and I'm paying for it now.  My sewing chair blows and my petite-ness (read short as hell) only makes matters worse. 

I can do pull-ups and push-ups!  I run all over this neighborhood pushing a heavily weighted double jogger.  I made it across the monkey bars at the playground the last week, and it's my damn sewing that's done me in.  Oh the irony.

Do you know how awful it feels to have the motivation to create new things, yet you can't because the sewing is too hardcore for your old lady back?  It's awful.  I waited months for my favorite fabrics to go on sale at the fabric store and now that I have them, I just want to make some dresses and pillows!  But I don't dare because it even hurts when I sleep.    I'm going to have to back off for a few weeks and let my injuries heal.  This is so stupid.

The upside of this is that I've started to pinpoint what my greatest fear might be.  I fear getting old and losing mobility.  I NEVER want to feel like I can't do something because my body isn't capable of it.  The thought of it scares me to death.  I already have plans to be that 75 year old lady that everyone is just amazed to see.  I want to be training for a body building competition in my golden years.  I'm certain I'd win.  There wouldn't be anyone else competing in my age bracket, so I'd win by default.  If my sister Stacie is reading this,  I'm warning you now, don't get any ideas.  Don't you dare enter my competition.  I want to win damn it!

2 comments:

  1. i will always beat you... love your big sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words with Friends is my glory! But at weight lifting, yes you would beat me.

      Delete