Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Modern Technology

Yesterday was a big day at our house. A member of the Jensen household stepped into the modern world. Dave got an iPhone5! This, as some may not know, is a first for us. Two days ago, Dave was still the proud owner of an old school Nokia. I'm talking WAY old school. No data plan, no internet, NO PHOTOS, nothing! You can only imagine the thrill of skipping all the middle steps, Blackberry, Droid, first edition iPhone and going straight to the big leagues. It was a thrill for all of us and it only belongs to Dave.



I don't even no why I'm excited. I still feel like a bad ass with my flip phone. I'm not blind. I realize that pre-teens have better phones than me, but it gets the job done. I don't have a contract or a high monthly bill either, so that's the upside of my antique phone. I'm a "pay as you go girl" (that sounds sort of prostitute like, but that's not what I mean at all). T-Mobile understands me and how I like to operate.


So Dave opens the brand new phone box at 5:00 and he doesn't put it down until 11:00. There is so much to see, so much to learn. He's fascinated with this phone's endless capabilities. The photos are CRAZY good. He has an app that can listen to a song playing in a store or on the radio and it will then report to you who sings it and what the song title is. I can't tell you how many times I've walked into Wet Seal and longed for a pocket sized device to tell me who sings the fantastic songs that pour through the store speakers! It's absurd that I was rewinding VHS tapes ten years ago and today Siri can make snide remarks to me from an iPhone.

Speaking of Siri, that crazy talking robot feature, my kids can't get enough of it. They could ask Siri non sense questions for hours. That poor phone robot got asked 50 fart questions and 30 poop questions in the 10 minutes Sasha played with it. Lyla took her turn a few times, telling Siri that she's pretty and that she has rainbow farts. The kids were snorting with laughter as they berated Siri with toilet talk. Sadly, it was hysterical to Dave and I as well. Look out future...her we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment