Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Real Conundrum

My five year old says some hilarious things. I pick her up from school and just wait for the entertainment to begin. The other day we were driving and she asked a very important question.
"Mom, who should I marry? Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber, Sam or Ethan from pre-school?

First of all, I'm thrilled that at age five, she is not only thinking about her future, but she also seems to understand that variety is the spice of life. That being said, there are a few problems with her potential suitors. I was left to inform of a just a few of them.

"Well honey, we can probably rule out Michael Jackson. He's way to old for you. He's probably not interested and most importantly.....he's dead. Sam is your second cousin. He's quite a bit older than you and he's a very nice boy, but marrying cousins is really frowned upon. We've not seen or spoken to Ethan since the last day of pre-school, so who knows what's become of him. We should keep that option open for sure though. So that leaves Justin and I think Justin is a fantastic choice. He's too old for you, but if everything fall through with Selena Gomez and the opportunity presents itself, I'd absolutely encourage you to marry Justin."

Her only response was, "Okay mom! I always forget the Michael Jackson had passed away. Can we watch the Michael Jackson movie while we eat lunch?"

If she continues to accept my advice so easily, the high school years will be a breeze! And I can't wait to see my darling daughters wedding photo on the cover of US Weekly!

No comments:

Post a Comment